20 advantages of chili peppers, aside from being “spicy” and satisfying, they are also good for health.
Spicy food has been popular with Thai people since time immemorial. The spicier it is, the more delicious it is. Chili has thus become one of the ingredients that cannot miss. Because if there is no chili They probably won’t be able to cook food that’s spicy and satisfying. But did you know that Chili is not only good for its spiciness. But it is also good for our health. Report from สมัคร ufabet
Where do chili peppers come from?
Chili peppers were first discovered in Central America. And South America Since about 7,000 years ago by Christopher Columbus. After that, chili peppers were grown. and spread throughout Europe before spreading throughout the world which our country. I have known and accustomed to growing chili for a long time.
Varieties of chilli in Thailand There approximately 831 species in total and can divid into 3 large groups: chili peppers, large bird’s eye chilies. and small
The most striking feature. It probably won’t escape the issue of spiciness. This is because chili peppers contain capsaicin, which is the substance that gives their spiciness. This type of substance is distributed in every part of the chili pepper. The spiciest part is The placenta or intestines of chili peppers. While the peel and seeds are generally understood to the spiciest parts. Instead, there is much less of this substance.
This capsaicin substance In addition to being good for health There are also special features that Can withstand heat well Make it through the process of ripening. or dry in the sun It still retains the same spiciness.
Measuring the spiciness of chili peppers
The unit for measuring the spiciness was originally Scoville. Thai garden chili peppers have a value of 50,000-100,000 Scoville, while the chili that has record in the Guinness Book of Records as the hottest chili in the world. Which is the Habanero pepper, measures up to 350,000 Scoville or more than that
15 benefits of chili that spicy and good for health
Chili peppers are rich in vitamins. and many minerals such as vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, iron, and dietary fiber, etc. Did you know that 100 grams of chili peppers will contain up to 144 milligrams of vitamin C? Therefore it can be called Chili peppers are a good source of vitamins.
- pain relief The capsaicin substance is extracted. Available in the form of creams, ointments, or gels, applied to relieve painful symptoms such as burns, scalds, body aches, and shingles. Capsaicin in chili peppers Will stimulate the body to release endorphins. It can help relieve pain naturally.
- Chili peppers contain antioxidants. Thus helping to delay premature aging.
- Stimulates the brain to release endorphins. With capsaicin, it can help improve your mood, make you feel refreshed, relaxed and happier.
- Vitamin C in Chili Helps strengthen collagen in the body.
- Chili peppers are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, including beta-carotene. which is an antioxidant that has properties in nourishing and preventing degeneration of the retina
- Helps reduce substances that block the respiratory system. due to the flu, sinusitis, or various allergies
- Helps treat scurvy. or scurvy
- Helps strengthen immunity to be stronger
- Helps to breathe more easily When we eat chili There will be mucus and tears coming out. That’s because of the spicy taste. and heat-producing substances. It will help reduce the amount of mucus. and obstructions in the respiratory tract Make your nose clear Reduce nasal congestion.
- Relieves coughing, dissolves phlegm, and helps expel phlegm.
- Vitamin C in Chili Has the effect of inhibiting the creation of nitrosamines. which is a carcinogen in the digestive system and helps create collagen And there is also beta-carotene. Antioxidants that can reduce the rate of cell mutation and helps destroy cancer cells
- Stabilize bad cholesterol ( LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL), reducing the amount of triglycerides in the bloodstream.
- Reduce blood sugar can help inhibit the absorption of glucose. Makes the amount of sugar in the blood decrease.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease Chili helps reduce platelet clumping. Helps dissolve blood clots This prevents the blood from clotting until it clogs the arteries. which is the main cause of high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease
Accidentally ate too spicy I want to take revenge, what should I do?
If you want to reduce the spiciness of the chilies you eat, You should choose to eat foods that contain fat. or drinks that contain alcohol mixed in Because drinking water It will only help reduce the burning sensation. But the spiciness remains the same.